…but what does the Tory manifesto mean for recruiters?
After the Conservative’s landslide election win the country is left wondering what their manifesto actually means for recruiters. The new government have pledged themselves to:
- Create 3 million new apprenticeships to deliver the skills employers need.
- Assist businesses with creating 2 million jobs – in particular, jobs in aerospace, IT, pharmaceuticals, creative industries, high value manufacturing and hi tech engineering.
- Use Employment Allowance to help smaller businesses recruit more people.
- Replace Jobseeker’s allowance with Day One Work Requirements for which 18-21 year olds will have to take apprenticeships or do daily community work to qualify for benefits.
- Eradicate exclusivity in zero hours contracts.
- Repeal the ban on employers from using agency workers to cover striking employees.