…but what does the Tory manifesto mean for recruiters?
After the Conservative’s landslide election win the country is left wondering what their manifesto actually means for recruiters. The new government have pledged themselves to:
- Create 3 million new apprenticeships to deliver the skills employers need.
- Assist businesses with creating 2 million jobs – in particular, jobs in aerospace, IT, pharmaceuticals, creative industries, high value manufacturing and hi tech engineering.
- Use Employment Allowance to help smaller businesses recruit more people.
- Replace Jobseeker’s allowance with Day One Work Requirements for which 18-21 year olds will have to take apprenticeships or do daily community work to qualify for benefits.
- Eradicate exclusivity in zero hours contracts.
- Repeal the ban on employers from using agency workers to cover striking employees.
All of the above would indicate that the Conservatives are looking to build on what has been a good couple of years as the recruitment industry recovers – the question then becomes “are you prepared?” The next 5 years are going to see some massive changes and recruitment businesses need to be ready to meet these challenges as they appear. The conservatives are making it abundantly clear that they intend to grow the UK job market and recruitment businesses will need scalable, adaptable solutions to manage it. The question now is, do you have the right technology to adapt and grow with it?